April 2, 2020 Update

Image in Quotes ❤️ collection by Street But Sweet

Dear Families,

As I sat and watched Governor Whitmer make the announcement to close public schools for the remainder of the year, I was heartbroken for students, families and school staff.  Although I was hopeful we would be back together learning this school year, I do understand that this decision was not made lightly, and the health and safety of our staff, students and families is a priority during this time.

Our staff, in coordination with the district, is developing a plan for learning that is equitable for all of our students.  Please be patient with us as we continue to develop this plan.  We are navigating through uncharted waters and will do everything in our power to ensure the best learning possible is provided to our students for the remainder of the year.

I know that you have a lot of questions.  I promise you we WILL get through this together.  We might not have all the answers right now, but it is going to be okay and we will be here to support you and your student the best we possibly can.  Please give us time to process this new information and develop a plan for the remainder of the year.  Our next steps will be communicated very soon.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Sheppard or myself directly with any questions you may have.  Our contact information can be found below.

Sincerely,

Erin Eaton

Letter from Interim Superintendent, Jill Simmons

We Miss our Students!

If you have not had the chance to check out our video, please do!  We miss you and hope you are staying healthy and positive during this time!  This should bring a smile to your face!

Staff Video Message

Food Distribution Drive Thru 

WWCSD is providing breakfast and lunch for all of our students up to 18 years of age. This pick-up will also include our adult transition students up to age 26. Below is the information on the upcoming date/location for drive thru pick-up.

You will enter the driveway on the west end of the Board of Education office on
Marquette. The main entrance at John Glenn High School will be closed. The line will wrap around behind the William D. Ford Career-Technical Center and up to the front entrance of John Glenn High School. Volunteers will bring the food to the vehicle. Meals distributed will follow USDA reimbursable meal guidelines.

Who:  WWCSD students

What:  Breakfast/Lunch distribution

Where: John Glenn High School, 36105 Marquette, Westland

When: 4/6 from 10 am – 1 pm (5 day food supply)

Learning packets will also be distributed at this time!

4-6-20 FREE Breakfast and Lunch

Contact Information

Please email myself or Mrs. Sheppard if you need anything at all.  Let us help you get resources you may need during this time.

Erin Eaton- eatone@wwcsd.net

Lisa Sheppard – sheppardl@wwcsd.net

If you do not use email, please TEXT the Google Voice number 262-674-8195 and we will reply.

Learning Resources

Please follow the links below to assist you with helping your child continue learning at home.

Learning Resources

Additional Learning Resources

Acing Math Learning Packet

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) School Closure Information

Our district will keep the website up to date with the latest information.

District Coronavirus Web Page

Community Resources

Please follow the link below to find the nearest food pantry if needed during the shutdown.

Food Pantry Locator

Health Clinic Information

Share this post: