We look forward to seeing you next week for Chromebook distribution or Open House! This memo is filled with important information. Please take the time to read all sections so you are up to date with current information and understand what needs to be completed prior to school beginning.
Erin Eaton & Lisa Sheppard
Tuesday, August 24, 2021
If you are unable to attend Open House or do not have a ton of time on the 24th, you may pick-up your child’s Chromebook and schedule from the main office on Tuesday, August 24th from 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM. Teachers will not be available and the building will not be open for touring. This is only for Chromebooks and schedules if this option works better for you.
Please complete the tech agreement form found here prior to arrival to expedite the process.
Open House – Thursday, August 26, 2021
We will have our Open House on August 26, 2021 from 5:00 PM until 6:30 PM. We invite you and your student to come meet teachers, pick-up schedules, check-out Chromebooks and tour the school. Please complete the technology agreement form found here to expedite Chromebook distribution prior to Open House.
2020/2021 Yearbooks will be available for pick-up at Open House. If you can not attend this, we will send your child’s home with him or her once school begins.
- Your student has previously taken the class
- Health reasons
- Academic misplacement (i.e. if your student was placed in the wrong class such as an advanced class)
- Student does not like the teacher
- Student wants to be with friends
- Student wants a different lunch period
- Student feels the teacher gives too much work
- Student wants to change class because he/she does not want to do the class work or has not done the reading/required work.
The First Day of School
The first day of school will be on Monday, August 30, 2021. This will be a full day for our Eagles. They will attend from 7:50 am – 2:40 pm.
If your child will be riding the bus this year, you must register for transportation in Parent Connect. Registration for transportation can be completed when you complete the back to school registration process. All bus routes can also be found in Parent Connect.
Updating Registration for Current Students
Please log in to your ParentConnection account to update your child(ren)’s contact information as well as re-acknowledge important school policies.
If you have moved and need to change your address, you will need to bring your new mortgage/lease/current tax bill along with two other proofs of residency to the Administration Office located at 36745 Marquette, Westland MI 48185.
You must be on a computer to complete the registration as it is not mobile/tablet friendly.
First Day of School Procedures
- Breakfast doors (Door 4) will open at 7:20 am. ONLY students having breakfast will be permitted into the cafeteria at this time.
- The first bell rings at 7:40 am. Assigned doors will open for students that do not eat school breakfast.
- Masks are strongly recommended but will be optional for your student.
- Students will need to turn cell phones off and put them away for the day as they are not permitted. Our Away for the Day policy can be found here. Please review this with your student.
- Students will need to put belongings in their lockers upon arrival. Staff will help students locate lockers and help them with combinations if needed. Students will not carry bags from class to class this year as lockers will be available during all passing periods.
- Students will have assigned doors they enter through in the morning. They are as follows and are marked on the map below.
- Door 4 – This is for any student eating breakfast in grades 6-8.
- 6th Grade – Door 1 (Main Entrance)
- 7th Grade – Door 38
- 8th Grade – Door 40
- Bus Riders will enter at Door 37 in the bus loop where they are dropped off
- Please adhere to the direction of the arrows on the map to ensure a continuous flow of traffic – you may not drive around back into the bus loop at any time to ensure our bus riders are kept safe.
- Dismissal is at 2:40 pm. Please ensure you arrive on time for dismissal and again, do not enter the bus loop. Students will exit at the same door they enter.
The following is information highlighted from an earlier email sent by Superintendent Dignan. The information may change at any time and we will ensure you get updates when necessary.
Students will return to five full days a week of in-person learning. We will not require face coverings for students and staff in our District this fall. While no longer
required, the Wayne County Health Department recommends that individuals who are not fully vaccinated should consider wearing a face covering when indoors, especially in crowded settings. Wayne-Westland Community Schools respects each family’s or individual’s decision. Students who ride the bus MUST wear a mask while on the bus according to CDC Federal guidelines.
Should specialized programs require a mask, the supervisor of the program will contact staff and families. WWCS will not require students and staff to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. The decision to receive the vaccine remains a choice of the family or individual. We have no information to indicate testing for COVID-19 will be required for schools in the fall and WWCS has no plans to test students or staff.
Daily Health Screening
If your child is sick, please keep him or her home – we ask that you complete the daily health screener found here each and every day. If your child displays any of these symptoms please do not send him or her to school.
Please report any positive Covid cases or close contact cases to the office as soon as you are made aware.
Fall Pictures – August 31, 2021
Order forms will be sent home or you can order here.
Sports Physicals 2021/2022 School Year
A MHSAA pre-participation sports physical is required for all students who participate in sports. A physical examination must be completed on or after April 15, 2021 to be considered a valid physical for 2021-22.
Please ensure this form is completed and submitted. For appointments at the Beaumont Adams Clinic, please call 734-728-2423.
Fall sports tryout information will be shared soon!
For your ease and convenience, there is an app that has been created to have quick access to your Parent and Student Connection. In your Google App or Play store, type in “MiStar” and you will have the option to download the “Q ParentConnection” app for yourself and also the “Q StudentConnection” app for your child. If you get the app, you can select the “Re-Enrollment” in the drop down menu to submit your information that way as well.
Here Comes the Bus App
Wayne-Westland Community Schools has partnered with Here Comes the Bus to offer families an app that will help avoid students and parents from waiting too long for the bus. Here Comes the Bus allows parents to see where their child’s bus is along the route and when it will be at their bus stop.
Sign up for Here Comes the Bus™
- Visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click the “Sign Up” button
- Enter school code 87839 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm”
- Complete the “User Profile” box
- Under “My Students,” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name and student ID number
- Once you confirm your information, you’re ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus!
We will again be selling Little Caesar’s Pizza kits beginning August 23, 2021, and ending on September 22, 2021. This fundraiser was very easy for our students and staff to participate in. We raised over $1,000 last year and hope to raise even more this time around. More information will be shared at Open House to help get you started selling or to make a purchase. All funds raised will help pay for field trips, student incentives, assemblies and more!
School Supply Donations
Tasks to complete prior to August 30, 2021
- Log into Parent Connection (Click here for Directions) and update all current student enrollments (detailed information below)
- Complete the MICR FERPA and Annual Household Reporting form and return during Open House or on the first day of school – printed copies will be available during Open House
- Pay all fines owed to WWCSD here
- Complete the Chromebook Technology Agreement Form found here
- Review the Adams Student/Parent Handbook here
August 24 – Optional Chromebook/Schedule Pick-Up, Main Office 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
August 26 – Open House (Schedule Distribution, Chromebook Pick-Up, Meet the Staff) from 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM.
August 30 – First Day of School (K-5 AM only, Middle/High School Full Day)
September 3-6 – Labor Day Recess
September 7 – School Resumes
Subscribe to the Adams Event Calendar Here