It was great seeing you on Tuesday this week at schedule and Chromebook distribution or last night at Open House! We are very excited to welcome our students back on Monday! Please take the time to read all sections of this update so you have current information and understand what needs to be completed prior to school beginning on Monday
Erin Eaton & Lisa Sheppard
The Wayne County Public Health Department issued a mask order this afternoon requiring all students, staff, parents and visitors to wear a mask while indoors at school.
This order means that ALL students will be required to wear masks. Please send your student to school with a mask daily. We will have extras if one is needed. Look for further communication from the district soon.
The First Day of School
The first day of school will be on Monday, August 30, 2021. This will be a full day for our Eagles. They will attend from 7:50 am – 2:40 pm.
If your child will be riding the bus this year, you must register for transportation in Parent Connect. Registration for transportation can be completed when you complete the back to school registration process. All bus routes can also be found in Parent Connect. Please contact transportation at 734-419-2150 with any questions.
First Day of School Procedures
- Breakfast doors (Door 4) will open at 7:20 am. ONLY students having breakfast will be permitted into the cafeteria at this time.
- The first bell rings at 7:40 am. Assigned doors will open for students that do not eat school breakfast.
- Masks are required for your student.
- Students will need to turn cell phones off and put them away for the day as they are not permitted. Our Away for the Day policy can be found here. Please review this with your student.
- Students will need to put belongings in their lockers upon arrival. Staff will help students locate lockers and help them with combinations if needed. Students will not carry bags from class to class this year as lockers will be available during all passing periods.
- Students will have assigned doors they enter through in the morning. They are as follows and are marked on the map below.
- Door 4 – This is for any student eating breakfast in grades 6-8.
- 6th Grade – Door 1 (Main Entrance)
- 7th Grade – Door 38
- 8th Grade – Door 40
- Bus Riders will enter at Door 37 in the bus loop where they are dropped off
- Please adhere to the direction of the arrows on the map to ensure a continuous flow of traffic – you may not drive around back into the bus loop at any time to ensure our bus riders are kept safe.
- Dismissal is at 2:40 pm. Please ensure you arrive on time for dismissal and again, do not enter the bus loop. Students will exit at the same door they enter.
Fall Pictures – Postponed!
This day has been postponed. Please see the message below from Lifetouch. As soon as we have a new date, it will be shared with you.
You have recently received communication from Lifetouch that we were scheduled to provide school photos at your upcoming student orientation. Regrettably, due to the severe hiring crisis in Michigan, we are unable to adequately staff that event. Despite our best efforts, this situation has forced us to reschedule your Picture Day. We appreciate your understanding and consider it an honor to have the opportunity to serve Adams Middle School, their students and families. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service department at 800-736-4753.
- Your student has previously taken the class
- Health reasons
- Academic misplacement (i.e. if your student was placed in the wrong class such as an advanced class)
- Student does not like the teacher
- Student wants to be with friends
- Student wants a different lunch period
- Student feels the teacher gives too much work
- Student wants to change class because he/she does not want to do the class work or has not done the reading/required work.
Little Caesar’s Fundraiser
Our clinic hours are as follows:
M/T/TH – 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
W – 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
F – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Please call 734-728-2423 for an appointment. Please follow this link to complete the paperwork we need on file to give the clinic consent to treat your child during the school day.
Daily Health Screening
If your child is sick, please keep him or her home – we ask that you complete the daily health screener found here each and every day. If your child displays any of these symptoms please do not send him or her to school.
Please report any positive Covid cases or close contact cases to the office as soon as you are made aware.
Sports Physicals 2021/2022 School Year
A MHSAA pre-participation sports physical is required for all students who participate in sports. A physical examination must be completed on or after April 15, 2021 to be considered a valid physical for 2021-22.
Please ensure this form is completed and submitted. For appointments at the Beaumont Adams Clinic, please call 734-728-2423.
Fall sports tryout information will be shared soon!
For your ease and convenience, there is an app that has been created to have quick access to your Parent and Student Connection. In your Google App or Play store, type in “MiStar” and you will have the option to download the “Q ParentConnection” app for yourself and also the “Q StudentConnection” app for your child. If you get the app, you can select the “Re-Enrollment” in the drop down menu to submit your information that way as well.
Here Comes the Bus App
Wayne-Westland Community Schools has partnered with Here Comes the Bus to offer families an app that will help avoid students and parents from waiting too long for the bus. Here Comes the Bus allows parents to see where their child’s bus is along the route and when it will be at their bus stop.
Sign up for Here Comes the Bus™
- Visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click the “Sign Up” button
- Enter school code 87839 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm”
- Complete the “User Profile” box
- Under “My Students,” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name and student ID number
- Once you confirm your information, you’re ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus!
Tasks to complete prior to August 30, 2021
- Log into Parent Connection (Click here for Directions) and update all current student enrollments (detailed information below)
- Complete the MICR FERPA and Annual Household Reporting form and return during Open House or on the first day of school – printed copies will be available during Open House
- Pay all fines owed to WWCSD here
- Complete the Chromebook Technology Agreement Form found here
- Review the Adams Student/Parent Handbook here
September 3-6 – Labor Day Recess
September 7 – School Resumes
Subscribe to the Adams Event Calendar Here