We hope you have a great long weekend! Please take the time to read all sections of this update so you have current information and understand what needs to be completed prior to school beginning on Monday.
Erin Eaton & Lisa Sheppard
No School Friday, September 3 or Monday, September 6, 2021.
- Our school hours are 7:50 am – 2:40 pm. Please ensure your child arrives on time and is picked up promptly at the end of the day.
- If you need transportation, you must register for this in Parent Connect. Your child will not be assigned a bus route until this is completed.
- At arrival and dismissal, please remember that once you enter off Palmer Road, drive all the way through the lot until you need to make a left. Then follow the road that leads you past the main doors. Please drop and pick up your child near his or her drop point. Do not enter the bus loop at any time.
- If you need to pick your child up from school early for any reason, please do so from the main office prior to 2:20 pm.
- Breakfast and lunch is free for all students. Please see the menu here for September.
- Chromebooks can not be issued until we have a loan agreement form on file. A paper copy has been sent home with those students that still need a Chromebook.
- Masks must be worn by students at all times throughout the day with the exception of when eating.
- If you need to report an absence, please call 734-419-2399 and leave a message on the attendance line.
Updating Registration for Current Students
Please log in to your ParentConnection account to update your child(ren)’s contact information as well as re-acknowledge important school policies if you have not done this yet.
Please complete, print and sign the Application for Household Information Report. This report is used to determine eligibility for state benefits for which your child(ren)’s school may qualify. Please return this form to your child’s school. All information on the survey submitted is confidential. Without your assistance, the school cannot maximize the utilization of available State and Federal funds.
Chain of Command Process
How to Effectively Communicate with School and District Staff
The Wayne-Westland Community Schools Board of Education and the Superintendent expect that all concerns be treated with respect. Parents/guardians are often discouraged when they attempt to communicate with central office administrators and school board members and are sent back to building-based officials in order to resolve a problem their child may be experiencing in school.
To prevent that frustration, parents can become informed about the “chain of command,” or where to begin the communication sequence regarding their problem or concern. Many parent and community questions are easily and completely answered by communicating directly with the educator in charge of the class or program. Each situation should first be addressed at whatever level the initial action was taken, with appeals moving on to the next level in the chain of command.
The easiest way to communicate is via email; a phone call is the next preferable way. Here at Wayne-Westland Community Schools, we ask that you address any issues in the order as laid out in our Chain of Command document found here.
School Threat Letter from Prosecutor Kim Worthy
Fall Pictures – Rescheduled
These have been rescheduled for October 18, 2021. More information will be shared closer to the date.
- Your student has previously taken the class
- Health reasons
- Academic misplacement (i.e. if your student was placed in the wrong class such as an advanced class)
- Student does not like the teacher
- Student wants to be with friends
- Student wants a different lunch period
- Student feels the teacher gives too much work
- Student wants to change class because he/she does not want to do the class work or has not done the reading/required work.
Little Caesar’s Fundraiser
Our clinic hours are as follows:
M/T/TH – 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
W – 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
F – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Please call 734-728-2423 for an appointment. Please follow this link to complete the paperwork we need on file to give the clinic consent to treat your child during the school day.
Daily Health Screening
If your child is sick, please keep him or her home – we ask that you complete the daily health screener found here each and every day. If your child displays any of these symptoms please do not send him or her to school.
Please report any positive Covid cases or close contact cases to the office as soon as you are made aware.
Sports Physicals 2021/2022 School Year
A MHSAA pre-participation sports physical is required for all students who participate in sports. A physical examination must be completed on or after April 15, 2021 to be considered a valid physical for 2021-22.
Please ensure this form is completed and submitted. For appointments at the Beaumont Adams Clinic, please call 734-728-2423.