We are looking forward to welcoming our students back to school on Monday. This memo is filled with important information. Please take the time to read all sections so you are up to date with current information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to one of us directly at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Erin Eaton & Stacie Bukosky
Information regarding soccer coming soon!
Sports Physicals 2022/2023 School Year
A MHSAA pre-participation sports physical is required for all students who participate in sports. A physical examination must be completed on or after April 15, 2022 to be considered a valid physical for 2022-23.
Please ensure this form is completed and submitted. For appointments at the Beaumont Adams Clinic, please call 734-728-2423.
Fall sports tryout information will be shared soon. Keep in mind your child will not be eligible to try-out or practice for any team until we have a current physical on file.
The First Day of School
The first day of school will be on Monday, August 29, 2022. This will be a full day for our Eagles. They will attend school from 7:50 am – 2:40 pm. Our daily office hours will be 7:20 am – 3:10 pm. Unless you schedule an appointment, our office will be closed outside of these hours.
First Day of School Procedures
- Breakfast doors (Door 4) will open at 7:20 am. ONLY students having breakfast will be permitted into the cafeteria at this time today and each day moving forward.
- The first bell rings at 7:40 am. Assigned doors will open for students. that do not eat school breakfast to enter.
- Students will need to turn cell phones off and put them away for the day as they are not permitted. Our Away for the Day policy can be found here. Please review this with your student.
- Students will need to put belongings in their lockers upon arrival. Staff will help students locate lockers and help them with combinations as needed. Students will not be allowed to carry bags from class to class. Lockers will be available during all passing periods. This is a safety precaution and students will be expected to comply unless there is a documented medical reason.
- Students will have assigned doors they enter through in the morning. They are as follows and are marked on the map below.
- Door 4 – This is for any student eating breakfast in grades 6-8.
- 6th Grade – Door 1 (Main Entrance)
- 7th Grade – Door 38
- 8th Grade – Door 40
- Bus Riders will enter at Door 37 in the bus loop where they are dropped off
- Please adhere to the direction of the arrows on the map to ensure a continuous flow of traffic – you may not drive around back into the bus loop at any time to ensure our bus riders are kept safe.
- If you need to come into the building for any reason during arrival or dismissal, you must park in the parking lot. We will not allow you to park in the drop off/pick up lane.
- Dismissal is at 2:40 pm. Please ensure you arrive on time for dismissal and again, do not enter the bus loop.
- Students will exit at the same door they enter.
- If you need to pick your child up from school early, please ensure you are here prior to 2:00 pm to sign him or her out.
Chromebooks were distributed at material distribution last week. If your child did not get one, please complete the Google Form here and we will issue one the first week of school. All fines must be taken care of before a new on will be issued.
Updating Registration for Current Students
Please log in to your ParentConnection account to update your child(ren)’s contact information as well as re-acknowledge important school policies.
If you have moved and need to change your address, you will need to bring your new mortgage/lease/current tax bill along with two other proofs of residency to the Administration Office located at 36745 Marquette, Westland, MI 48185.
You must be on a computer to complete the registration as it is not mobile/tablet friendly.
Community Eligibility Provision
Wayne-Westland Community Schools will be participating in a new option available to schools as part of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for the school year 2022-2023
The GREAT NEWS is that ALL students enrolled at our school are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at NO CHARGE to your household each day of the 2022-2023 school year.
We are asking that you fill out and sign the Application for Household Information Report which is located on the Meal Magic Family Portal. This form is needed for administrative purposes, not to determine eligibility. This survey allows our school to benefit from various State and Federal supplemental programs like Title I A, At Risk (31s), Title II A, E -Rate, etc. This survey is critical in determining the amount of money the school receives from a variety of supplemental programs. We are asking that you please complete and submit it as soon as possible. Once filled out, please submit a hard copy to the main office of your school.
If we can be of any further assistance, please contact our Food Services Department at 734-419-2118.
- Your student has previously taken the class
- Health reasons
- Academic misplacement (i.e. if your student was placed in the wrong class such as an advanced class)
- Student does not like the teacher
- Student wants to be with friends
- Student wants a different lunch period
- Student feels the teacher gives too much work
- Student wants to change class because he/she does not want to do the class work or has not done the reading/required work.
If you have questions about your child’s schedule, you will be required to schedule an in-person or phone appointment with your child’s counselor. Thank you for understanding.
Counseling Department Contact Information
COUNSELOR: STUDENT’S LAST NAME: CONTACT INFO:
Ms. Angela Lentz A-K email@example.com
Ms. Stacy Brooks L-Z firstname.lastname@example.org
7th Grade Immunizations
Resources for Parents
Order your Yearbook Today!
Wayne-Westland Community School District has partnered with Care Solace to support our community’s mental health.
If you or a family member is looking for help with mental health or substance use, Care Solace can quickly find treatment options matched to your needs, regardless of the circumstance.
Care Solace’s care navigation services are confidential and complimentary to Wayne-Westland Community School District’s students, staff, and their families. Care Solace’s team is available 24/7/365 and can support you in any language.
If you would like to use Care Solace to help you find a provider:
- Call 888-515-0595 available 24/7/365
- Visit www.caresolace.com/wwcsd and either search on your own OR click “Book Appointment” for assistance by video chat, email, or phone.
In an emergency:
- Call 911 or and request a Crisis Intervention Trained (C.I.T.) response
- Go to the closest emergency room for support
- Call the National Suicide Prevention & Crisis Lifeline at 988 or chat at 988lifeline.org
- Text “Hello” or “Home” to 741741 to connect with a crisis counselor
- Trevor Lifeline LGBTQQ+ Crisis Support: 1-866-488-7386
Our number one priority is to keep our students safe at all times and therefore, the following will be strictly enforced:
- Only one family member (with the exception of small children) will be allowed into the building to sign a student out of the building early
- Anyone entering the building must show their ID at the entrance and then again at the main office
- All family must remain in the main office until the child reports to the office ready to leave
- No one will be permitted into the halls or classrooms without signing in, being issued a badge and having a proper background check completed
Chain of Command
Classroom Concern – Steps:
- Assistant Principal (middle and high schools)
- Assistant Superintendent Curriculum
Student Discipline – Steps:
- Assistant Principal (middle and high schools)
- Director of Student Services
- Assistant Superintendent Curriculum
Recap – Tasks to complete prior to August 29, 2022
- Log into Parent Connection (Click here for Directions) and update all current student enrollments
- Complete the Application for Household Information Report which is located on the Meal Magic Family Portal
- Pay all fines owed to WWCSD here
- Complete the Chromebook Technology Agreement Form found here
- Review the Adams Student/Parent Handbook here
August 29 – First Day of School (K-5 AM only, Middle/High School Full Day)
September 2-5 – Labor Day Recess
September 6 – School Resumes
Subscribe to the Adams Event Calendar Here
Wayne-Westland Community Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title VI Coordinator: John Besek; Title II Coordinator: Kim Markey; Title IX Coordinators: John Besek; Section 504 Coordinator: John Besek. All complaints may be addressed to 36745 Marquette St., Westland, MI 48185.