We hope you have a fantastic weekend! This memo is filled with important information. Please take the time to read all sections so you are up to date with current information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to one of us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Erin Eaton & Stacie Bukosky
- Schools begins promptly at 7:50 am. You can drop your child off at 7:20 am for breakfast or 7:40 am when doors open if they do not eat breakfast
- Please sign your child out prior to 2:00 pm if you need to pick him or her up early
- Please make sure your contact information is up to date in Parent Connect – it is also helpful to ensure your child knows a good phone number by memory in the event they need to make a call from the office
- If your child walks, please remind him or her to use the sidewalk path across school property and not to walk down the entrance road off Palmer
- We do not issue walking passes home during the day – your child must be picked up and signed out
- Do not stop and wait in front of the building at pick-up – please keep the flow of traffic moving
8th Grade Trip
This year, we will be offering our 8th graders an opportunity to travel to Washington D.C. Please join us on September 19, 2022 to learn more about this. The meeting will be held virtually.
Erin Eaton is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Washington DC Middle School Parent Meeting
Time: Sep 19, 2022 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 847 4804 4018
We will begin fall NWEA testing following the schedule below – please do your best to make sure your child in in attendance on these days.
|ELA Department Testing Dates||Math Department Testing Dates||Science Department Testing Dates|
|October 3rd & 4th||September 26 & 27||September 20 & 21|
|6th Teacher||Subject||Dates Given|
|All 6th Grade Teachers||ELA||9/26-9/27|
Suicide Prevention Week
The week of September 19 – 23, 2022 will be Suicide Prevention Week in WWCSD. The following things have been planned for our students and staff:
- Suicide Prevention Poster Contest
- Myths and Facts shared on announcements
- September 22 – Wear Yellow to raise awareness
On Friday, September 23, 2022, the district will showcase College FestiFALL. The day provides an opportunity for students to learn more about different colleges and universities. During College FestiFALL, students and staff will don collegiate
apparel and colors. We hope your student will join in on the fun!
Household Information Form Contest!
Wayne-Westland Community Schools will be participating in a new option available to schools as part of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for the school year 2022-2023
The GREAT NEWS is that ALL students enrolled at our school are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at NO CHARGE to your household each day of the 2022-2023 school year.
We are asking that you fill out and sign the Application for Household Information Report which is located on the Meal Magic Family Portal. This form is needed for administrative purposes, not to determine eligibility. This survey allows our school to benefit from various State and Federal supplemental programs like Title I A, At Risk (31s), Title II A, E -Rate, etc. This survey is critical in determining the amount of money the school receives from a variety of supplemental programs. We are asking that you please complete and submit it as soon as possible. Once filled out, please submit a hard copy to the main office of your school and your child will be entered into our gift card raffle!
If we can be of any further assistance, please contact our Food Services Department at 734-419-2118.
Gleaners Food Distribution
7th Grade Immunizations
September 19 – 8th Grade DC Trip Parent Meeting
September 28 – No School for Students
Subscribe to the Adams Event Calendar Here
Wayne-Westland Community Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title VI Coordinator: John Besek; Title II Coordinator: Kim Markey; Title IX Coordinators: John Besek; Section 504 Coordinator: John Besek. All complaints may be addressed to 36745 Marquette St., Westland, MI 48185.