We hope you have a fantastic weekend! This memo is filled with important information. Please take the time to read all sections so you are up to date with current information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to one of us directly at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Erin Eaton & Stacie Bukosky
We’ve started our fall fundraiser and your involvement is needed more than ever! Money raised from this fundraiser directly impacts your child by providing funds to pay for trips, resources and other materials and incentives. Please know that your assistance this year in particular will make a huge difference! Take just a moment to visit www.ShopFund.com where you can easily create and share your fundraiser with friends and family!
Check out this contest we are running this weekend!
Please use this link to sign up for Parent Teacher Conferences. All sign up links will be deactivated on Monday at 3:00 pm so our teachers can plan their schedules and prepare.
Snap Connect is the culmination of years of careful, thoughtful collaboration, passionate advocacy for more inclusive communities, and the ongoing development of a solution to empower families to drive growth and success for their children. While partnering with districts and schools across the country, we have learned about the primary barriers to engagement for families (access, language, and literacy) and have created a flexible mobile/web-based family engagement solution that overcomes each of those barriers. Snap Connect enables districts, schools, and families to build powerful relationships with one another and equitably build inclusive communities.
We have launched this and ask that you be on the lookout for an email invitation to sign up!
8th Grade Washington D.C. Trip
We are excited to announce that we will be taking our 8th grade students to Gettysburg and Washington D.C. with Stevenson and Franklin Middle School.
We have three buses reserved. The trip will be first come, first served. Once we fill one bus, students will be waitlisted to ensure we can fill a second bus. The waitlisted student’s trip will be confirmed once bus two fills. The same process will be in place for bus three. If we can not fill bus two or three, those waitlisted will be refunded. This is why it is very important to reserve your spot as soon as possible. You can do that here.
Please be on the look-out for fundraising information to come home in the next week or so. The more you fundraise, the less you will pay towards the cost of the trip.
Boy’s Basketball Information
We love the support our students have shown this year at our home athletic events. If your child is attending an event, please remind him our her of the following.
- Students are not permitted to hang out in the building or on school property while waiting for the athletic contest to begin. Doors do not open for the game until 15 minutes prior to the start time, which in most cases is a full hour after school dismisses.
- Students are expected to follow all school expectations during the event.
- If students leave during the event, they are not permitted back into the building.
- If your child is not in school the day of the event, they are not permitted at the game.
- Your child will need to be picked up promptly at the end of the game or leave as permitted to walk home
Family Resource Center
Wayne-Westland Community Schools has a Family Resource Center (FRC), which provides services to any student/family enrolled in our District, free of cost. Some of the services they provide are: basic need assistance, access to over 600 local resources, Laundry Assistance Program and material items for those unable to afford them (emergency toiletries, socks/underwear, hats/gloves/scarves, etc.) They are also able to supply school supplies and backpacks year round for any WWCS student.
Please contact our Family Resource Center at: 734-419-2709 or FRC@wwcsd.net. Our FRC also has a Digital Request for Services Form, which can be used to request assistance by filling out a simple form. Please contact the Family Resource Center directly with any additional questions regarding their services
Gleaners Food Distribution
- If you need to pick up your child from school early, please do so by 2:00 pm
- You will be required to show your ID upon entering the building. Please do not allow anyone else to follow in behind you and please make sure the door closes behind you
- You will not be able to enter the building during passing time, at arrival or dismissal. You will need to wait until our hallways are clear before entering
- You are not permitted in the hallways. You will be required to wait in the office until your appointment time or your child is ready to go home
We appreciate you helping us keep our students safe.
10/28 – Middle School Half Day, Dismissal at 11:00 am
Subscribe to the Adams Event Calendar Here
Wayne-Westland Community Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title VI Coordinator: John Besek; Title II Coordinator: Kim Markey; Title IX Coordinators: John Besek; Section 504 Coordinator: John Besek. All complaints may be addressed to 36745 Marquette St., Westland, MI 48185.