We hope you have a fantastic weekend! This memo is filled with important information. Please take the time to read all sections so you are up to date with current information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to one of us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Erin Eaton & Stacie Bukosky
No School Monday, January 16, 2023 – MLK Day
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
-Martin Luther King Jr.
School will resume on Tuesday, January 17, 2023. This is the beginning of our second semester. Student schedules were distributed this week and can be viewed in Student Connection.
Report cards will be available in Parent and Student Connection on January 23, 2023. If you need help with your log in, please contact the main office.
Parent Connection is a web-based service that gives parents the ability to access student data via the Internet. Parents use a confidential personal identification number (PIN) and password to view their student’s attendance, grades, assignments and other information online.
What information is available to parents through Parent Connection?
- Daily Access to Student Attendance
- Attendance is taken twice a day, morning and afternoon, at the elementary level.
- At the secondary level, attendance is taken hourly.
- Teachers record the daily attendance by the end of each school day.
- Middle school and high school teachers record their grades electronically, therefore assignments and grades may be viewed using Parent Connection.
- Student grades are not necessarily entered daily, so parents should allow a few days for the teachers to record assignment and test grades.
- Parents of secondary students can also view their student’s transcript, grade point average (GPA), and current schedule.
How can I register for Parent Connection?
Parents must register at each child’s building. Because of the confidential nature of the data which is accessed, parents must register in person and bring photo identification. You will be given your PIN (personal identification number) and password at the time of registration along with directions for accessing this new service.
Early College Information
Afterschool Mentoring Program
PBIS Party – January 2023
Upcoming St Patty’s Day Celebration
Adams Middle School is raising money by selling Little Caesars Pizza Kits to help pay for several things happening during the second half of the year. Funds raised will pay for:
- Washington D.C. (Students that are going on this trip will have their profit applied towards their individual balance owed)
- NWEA Incentives
- Classroom Resources, Incentives and Celebrations
- Upcoming St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
- End of Year 8th Grade Celebration
- And much more!
It’s time for you, your friends, and your family to stock up with Little Caesars Pizza Kits! Have them on hand for quick dinners, parties or entertaining! We are asking that everyone sells two kits to help us reach our goal.
Fill out the top portion of your order form with your name and your preferred contact phone number (cell phone numbers preferred). Collect payment at the time you take orders. We accept cash, but will not accept personal checks. Order forms are coming home next week!
You may also order and pay online by credit card now!:
- Go to www.PizzaKit.com
- Got to Products then click on Shop
- Select Ship My Order to the Group (All Kits ordered online are delivered to Adams on delivery day.)
Our Fundraiser ID # is 419253
Fundraiser start date:
Online starts NOW! Orders forms were sent home this week. Payment will be due January 29, 2023 (Late orders will NOT be accepted.)
Week of Pizza Kit Pickup:
February 13, 2023 (Just in time to have on hand for mid-winter break)!
Adams Middle School – More info to come regarding the exact time pickup will take place. We will ask that you please pick up your Pizza Kits as soon as possible the day of as we do not have onsite storage. We are not responsible for orders that are not picked up on delivery day.
We’ll also need several helpers on the day of delivery to help sort orders. Please look for more details soon!
Thank you for your support and participation!
Mental Health Support
Care Solace is a complimentary and confidential service provided by Wayne-Westland Community Schools. This is a free service to students, families and staff. Care Solace helps connect individuals to mental health or substance abuse providers. They will call providers, verify insurance and help to make appointments. Contact Care Solace by calling 888-515-0595 or visiting caresolace.com/wwcsd and click “Book Appointment.” Support is available 24 hours a day 365 day a year in any language.
- If you need to pick up your child from school early, please do so by 2:00 pm as the office gets very busy at the end of the day
- You will be required to show your ID upon entering the building and we ask that you please do not allow anyone else to follow in behind you and please make sure the door closes behind you
- You will not be able to enter the building during passing time, at arrival or dismissal. You will need to wait until our hallways are clear before entering
- You are not permitted in the hallways. You will be required to wait in the office until your appointment time or your child is ready to go home
Safety is our number one priority. We appreciate you helping us keep our students safe.
Subscribe to the Adams Event Calendar Here
Wayne-Westland Community Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title VI Coordinator: John Besek; Title II Coordinator: Kim Markey; Title IX Coordinators: John Besek; Section 504 Coordinator: John Besek. All complaints may be addressed to 36745 Marquette St., Westland, MI 48185.