We hope you have a fantastic weekend. This memo is filled with important information. Please take the time to read all sections of our weekly update so you are up to date with current information at Adams and within the district.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to one of us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Erin Eaton and Stacie Bukosky
School will not be in session next week, March 27, 2023 – March 31, 2023. School will resume on Monday, April 3, 2023. There will be no school on Good Friday, April 7, 2023.
Congratulations to our swim team!
Our swimmers walked away with the Tri-City Meet victory, and as promised by Coach Dan, they celebrated by pushing him into the pool.
March Madness Spirit Week
We have had so much fun this week exploring college and career options. Our spirit week included Military Monday, Trades Tuesday, William D. Ford Wednesday, Tycoon Thursday and March Madness Friday. Check out a few pictures below.
One Book, One School Celebration
Flag Football Registration
Yearbook orders due April 21, 2023
Autism Awareness Month
Upcoming PSAT testing – no school for 6/7th grade
On April 12, 2023, our 8th grade students will take the PSAT test. Our 6th and 7th grade students will not report to school on this day. Here is a scheduled for the day for our 8th graders. They will be dismissed with a lunch to go at 11:45 a.m.
Meteors/Comets Football and Cheer
Registration is now open for all eligible students. Please visit the website here for more information and to register.
Track and Field
Boys track and field will begin on Monday, April 10, 2023. This is open to all students, grades 6-8. Students will need to be picked up at 4:15 p.m.
If you have questions, please reach out to Mr. Venturini or Mr. Winston.
All athletes must have a physical on file before being able to participate.
2023 Detroit Career Fair
The Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters and Millwrights are doing more now than ever to smoothly transition young, hard-working individuals into this productive workforce. This apprenticeship will offer both classroom and on-the-job learning to teach practical and soft skills as we help mold knowledgeable, skilled trades people. The 2023 Career Fair will show students and families the future they could have with union contractors who offer good jobs, benefits, and paid apprenticeships.
Please find four flyers attached for the Detroit Career Fair:
- Student Registration for Career Day is on April 19th
- Student/Parent Registration for the Curriculum Day is on April 22nd
- Contractor Registration for the Hiring Combine is on May 20th
- Participant Registration for the Hiring Combine
- Mr. Jamal Al
- (313) 350-7386
Parenting classes available
Mental health support
Care Solace is a complimentary and confidential service provided by Wayne-Westland Community Schools. This is a free service to students, families and staff. Care Solace helps connect individuals to mental health or substance abuse providers. They will call providers, verify insurance and help to make appointments. Contact Care Solace by calling 888-515-0595 or visiting caresolace.com/wwcsd and click “Book Appointment.” Support is available 24 hours a day 365 day a year in any language.
- If you need to pick up your child from school early, please do so by 2:00 p.m. if possible as the office gets very busy at the end of the day.
- You will be required to show your ID upon entering the building and we ask that you please do not allow anyone else to follow in behind you.
- Only one adult is allowed into the building for pick-up unless a pre-arranged meeting is scheduled.
- You will not be able to enter the building during passing time, or at arrival or dismissal. You will need to wait until our hallways are clear before entering for the safety of our students.
- You are not permitted in the hallways or classrooms without permission. You will be required to wait in the office until your appointment time or your child is ready to go home.
Safety is our number one priority. We appreciate you helping us keep our students safe.
Subscribe to the Adams Event Calendar Here
Wayne-Westland Community Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title II Coordinator: Kim Markey and Kim Pawlukiewicz; Title VI Coordinator: John Besek; Title VII Coordinator: Dr. Alex Ofili; Title IX Coordinators: Dr. Alex Ofili; John Besek and Dr. Jim Anderson; Section 504 Coordinator: John Besek. All complaints may be addressed to 36745 Marquette St., Westland, MI 48185.